March 20, 2012 Minutes
March 26, 2012
The Motley County ISD Board of Trustees met on Tuesday, March 20, 2012 at 7:30pm in a regular scheduled board meeting. All board members were present. Also present were William Cochran, Tim Hill, Denise Ford and Chuck Ream.
Invocation was given by JD Russell
No one was present for Open Forum
ITEMS FOR BOARD ACTION
- Motion by Tina Brooks, seconded by Lee Jones to approve the minutes for February 13th. Motion carried 7/0.
- Motion by Lewis Drum, seconded by Don Baxter to approve the list of expenditures. Motion carried 7/0.
- No action taken on the building and grounds improvement.
Mr. Drum left at 8:00 p.m.
- Motion by Lee Jones, seconded by Don Baxter to approve the 2012-2013 school calendar. Motion carried 6/0.
- Motion by Tina Brooks, seconded by Lee Jones to approve the electronic textbook transmission form. Motion carried 6/0.
- Motion by Don Baxter, seconded by JD Russell to approve Update 93. Motion carried 6/0.
- Motion by Don Baxter, seconded by Gilbert Guerrero to approve the Tax Re-Sale Property. Motion carried 6/0.
Principal’s Report, Mr. Hill reported enrollment of 184 with 97.7% attendance.
During the Superintendent’s Report, Mr. Cochran reported that he will be attending the final PUC hearing in Austin on April 12th to discuss the transmission lines to be located in Motley County. He also reported that there will not be a school board election this year, as the two incumbents were the only ones to file for the three year positions. Mr. Cochran also reported that the state was giving school districts the option of not counting the EOC as 15% of the students grade this year and that MCISD would be applying for the waiver not to count it this year. The next board meeting will be on April 10, 2012 at 7:30 p.m.
Motion to adjourn by Don Baxter, seconded by JD Russell. Motion carried 6/0.