STAY IN TOUCH BY SIGNING UP FOR ENOTES.
Scroll to the bottom of this page
sign up for text or email notifications from the school.
February 23, 2021
Dear Parents and Guardians,
We were informed this morning that we have had a student test positive for Covid-19. Because of this we have had to quarantine a few of our students. The parents of these students have been notified and the students will be doing remote learning while quarantined. These students will not return to school until they meet the criteria to be able to return to school. We have been in contact with the state health department concerning this case and are following their recommendations.
We are also following the guidelines from the Texas Education Agency and the state.
Anytime we have a positive Covid-19 case on campus, employee or student, you will be notified . There will be a letter on the district website (motleyco.org) and our face book page (Matador Nation).
If your child has any symptoms that might be related to Covid-19, please do not send them to school. Also, if your child tests positive for Covid-19, please inform the school.
Your child 's safety and the safety of our staff are top priorities for Motley County ISD. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call me.
William Cochran Superintendent
Motley County ISD
Office 806-347-2676 Ext. 240I Cell 806-470-5947
NOTICE OF SCHOOL BOARD ELECTION
Wednesday, January 13, 2021 – February 12, 2021 file an application for a place on the ballot for the May 1, 2021 Board of Trustees Election
2 - Three Year Terms
1 – One Year Unexpired Term
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS TO RUN FOR SCHOOL BOARD
1. is a United States citizen
2. is 18 years of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled at the election or on the date of appointment, as applicable
3. has not been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote
4. has not been finally convicted of a felony from which the individual has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities
5. has resided continuously in the state for 12 months and in the territory from which the office is elected for 6 months immediately preceding the following date
a. for an independent candidate, the date of the regular filing deadline for a candidate’s application for a place on the ballot
b. for a write-in candidate, the date of the election at which the candidate’s name is written in, or
c. for an appointee to an office, the date the appointment is made
6. is registered to vote in the territory from which the office is elected on the date described at 5
7. satisfies any other eligibility requirements prescribed by law for the office